The Bath and North East Somerset Environmental Sustainability Network website is a service operated by Bath & North East Somerset (B&NES) Council, Policy and Partnerships, Lewis House, Manvers Street, Bath.
As well as following Ning's own Terms of Service, all users also need to adhere to the following specific terms:
Disclaimer of Liability
Your access to this website is subject to these Terms and
Conditions. By using this website you agree to be bound by these
terms and to the disclaimer and limitation of liability below.
B&NES Council may change these Terms and Conditions at any time, you will be notified, and by continuing to use the website, you agree to those changes.
B&NES Council endeavours to ensure that the information contained within the Bath and North East Somerset Environmental Sustainability Network (www.banessustainabilitynetwork.ning.com) are correct but does not accept any liability for error or omission howsoever caused and whether by the negligence or omissions of B&NES Council or otherwise.
B&NES Council makes every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. However it cannot guarantee that the site and any downloads or links are free from virus and advise that all you take your own virus precautions and run an anti-virus programme on all materials downloaded from the Internet.
Hypertext links to third party websites outside B&NES Council are provided for the convenience of website users only. B&NES Council is unable to provide any warranty concerning the accuracy or completeness of any information held within these third party websites - this is the responsibility of the publisher of the third party website. Furthermore, by linking to other websites, B&NES Council in no way endorses the views or information held within such websites and is unable to grant permission to use material found on such sites. B&NES Council also reserves the right to remove hyperlinks or content as it deems appropriate without notice.
The use of your personal information is covered by our registration under the Data Protection Act 1998. B&NES Council is committed to upholding the principles of the Data Protection Act, and will not process your information in a way incompatible with these principles.
This privacy statement only covers the B&NES Council website at www.banessustainabilitynetwork.ning.com. Other links within this site to other websites are not covered by this privacy statement.
Posting content to www.banessustainabilitynetwork.ning.com
Posting refers to the submission of content for display on the website by a registered member. Content includes any text, media (including photos, pictures, videos etc), hyperlinks etc present on the website.
To register for posting content on the website, you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself e.g. name and email address etc. Each registration is for a single user only. B&NES Council does not permit you to share your user name and password with any other person nor with multiple users or networks. Responsibility for the security of any passwords issued rests with you.
• You agree not to post or transfer to our website, any material which is obscene, misleading, inaccurate, defamatory or in breach of any copyright or intellectual property rights or that will cause any damage to data, software or the performance of any computer system.
• You agree not to post or transfer to our website any material which B&NES Council considers to be abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented, misleading, inaccurate, defamatory or any other material that may violate any applicable laws including any information that may breach copyright or intellectual property rights.
• You also agree not to post or transfer any material that will cause damage to data, software or the performance of any computer software.
Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned at the discretion of B&NES Council. The webmaster, administrator and moderators have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit.
As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
About your posts:
Contributions must be civil and tasteful, which will be determined by B&NES Council.
• No disruptive, offensive or abusive comments: contributions must be constructive and polite.
• No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is acceptable
• If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting or annoying other users you may have action taken against your accounts.
• No spamming or off-topic material: the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times, or content that is off-topic is prohibited
• No advertising
• Contributions containing languages other than English may be removed unless allowed in the relevant terms of reference.
• No impersonation
• No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names
• You may not refer to specific URLs (web site addresses) unless allowed under the relevant terms of reference.
• You agree to only submit materials which are your own original work.
• You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade marks, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
B&NES Council does not endorse and is not responsible for the accuracy of any views or opinions expressed through this website or through any content.
B&NES Council Representatives
It is important that members of the public know when a forum is being used for official council purposes. To assist with this, all council representatives which includes council employees, elected members and by partners or other third parties (including contractors) on behalf of the council, must adhere to the following requirements:
• Council representatives must only use @bathnes.gov.uk
email addresses or those of their own organisation for user
accounts which will be used for official council purposes.
• Council representatives should identify themselves as such where appropriate on social networking applications. For example, through providing additional information such as job role in user profiles.
• Council representatives should ensure that any contributions they make are professional and uphold the reputation of the council.
• Council representatives must not promote or comment on political matters.
If you breach these Terms and Conditions:
If you fail to abide by these Terms and Conditions you will be
sent an e-mail which informs you why your contribution has not been
posted or has been edited or deleted. Bath & North East
Somerset Council reserves the right to delete any contribution.
All decisions are final. Bath & North East Somerset Council will not enter into further correspondence if it is felt by the Council that the posting is in breach of the Terms and Conditions.
If any of these Terms and Conditions are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable they shall be deleted, and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.